The Town of Thompson's Station Community Development Department is currently switching to a new Online Permitting System (idtPlans). We appreciate your patience during the transition.
To apply for a building permit in the Town of Thompson's Station, you must complete the Building Permit Application Package completely and include all additional required information.
Thompson's Station uses the 2015 IRC Building Code (Eff 01/01/2018)
The Building Permit Application (PDF) is used to obtained the following permits:
- Right of Way
Complete or include the following:
- Erosion Form
- Energy Compliance Form
- Copy of Contractor's License
- Proof of Insurance
- Two (2) sets of building plans (24x36) - must include foundation plans
- Site Plan (to scale)
- Lumber Design Package
- Manual J load calculations for HVAC
- Homes over 5000 total square feet under roof require stamped Engineer's Plans or an Engineer's letter
- Tollgate and Bridgemore applications require the submittal of a "Certificate of Appropriateness" issued by the Homeowners Association.
- Additionally, please e-mail an electronic copy of the site plan and the building plans to: Micah Wood, Town Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org
The building permit is not issued until the Town Planner has reviewed and signed off on the site plan and the Town Building Official has reviewed and signed off on the building plans.
General Entitlement Application
Other Permit Requests: These applications are used for home occupations/residential businesses, and all planning related requests.
- Development Concept Presentation
- Single Lot Site Plan
- Site Plan
- Preliminary Plat
- Final Plat
- Revision to Final Plat
- Construction Drawing
- Master Sign Plan / Program
- Billboard Sign Face Replacement
- Sign Permit / Review
- Temporary Use/ Event Permit
- Special Exception
- Change of Use
- Residential Business
- Home Occupation
- Variance Request
To Request Inspections: Any permits created after 9/8/2020 are required to use the Online Permitting Portal to request inspections.
For permits prior to Sep. 8th 2020: Visit the Codes Inspection page and fill out the linked form to request an inspection.
The current week's inspection schedule is also posted on the Codes Inspection page.
NOTE: Electrical inspections are done through the State. Septic inspections are done through the County
Construction Hours -
7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday thru Saturday excluding federal holidays