Planning and Zoning
The Town of Thompson's Station Community Development Department has moved to a new Permit Management Software! Use the software to submit applications for the following permits: New Building, Blasting, Grading, ROW, etc.
Planning Applications may also be submitted using the idtPlans system. Contact Micah Wood for questions or information on how to get started at 615-794-4333 ext. 3 or email@example.com.
IDT Plans Support Webpage
The up-to-date version of the Town's Municipal Code is hosted on the following MTAS (Municipal Tennessee Advisory Service) site: https://www.mtas.tennessee.edu/code/municipal-code-thompsons-station
General Entitlement Application
These applications are used for home occupations/residential businesses, and all planning related requests.
General Entitlement Application (PDF)
Those looking to apply for any of the following items will use this form:
- Development Concept Presentation
- Single Lot Site Plan
- Site Plan
- Preliminary Plat
- Final Plat
- Revision to Final Plat
- Construction Drawing
- Master Sign Plan / Program
- Billboard Sign Face Replacement
- Sign Permit / Review
- Temporary Use/ Event Permit
- Special Exception
- Change of Use
- Residential Business
- Home Occupation
- Variance Request
Planning Staff reviews and coordinates other department review of applications for development within the Town of Thompson’s Station. Most projects are reviewed by the Planning Commission and Planning Staff will provide information in the form of a staff report with a recommendation to the Commission.
A concept plan is required for any project submittal for all projects consisting of the subdivision of land into five or more lots. The plan should provide enough information to show that the proposed project can adequately address issues related to roads, drainage and sewer for the property. The concept plan must be prepared in accordance with the submittal checklist.
Land Development Ordinance Amendment or Rezone
Amendments to the LDO require a Planning Commission recommendation to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. An application in accordance with the submittal checklist. No applications will be accepted if the submittals do not include all requirements. Once an application is deemed complete, Staff will begin to review the proposal. Staff will prepare a report to the Planning Commission which may include a recommendation. Upon consideration of the material presented, the Planning Commission will provide a recommendation to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. The item will be scheduled for the next BOMA meeting and a report will be submitted with the Planning Commission’s recommendation. Amendments are completed by ordinance which require two readings before the Board.
Tenant Improvement Process
Planning and Building work together for the review of tenant improvements.
- Obtain Planning site plan approval.
- Is the suite an empty shell or a change of use? Explain the current use of the structure.
- Complete building permit application and submit all necessary plans and documentation.
- Provide an analysis of the proposed sewer usage for the use. Submit all engineering documentation to show how sewer usage is calculated.
- Land Development Manual 9-1-21
- Land Development Ordinance (LDO)
- LDO Text Amendment Ord 2021-010
- Fee schedule - ORD 13-005
- General Entitlement Application (PDF)
- Major Thorough Plan (MTP) Final Report
- Williamson County Mitigation Plan_Approved 17 May 2018
- Thompsons Station PC 2022 Meetings and Deadlines