- Parks and Recreation
- Park Information and Trail Maps
- Preservation Park
This 200 acre park is the newest addition to Thompson's Station. Formerly a local grazing pasture, this property was once part of the Battle of Thompson's Station, a noteworthy confederate victory in the Civil War.
Preservation Park, aptly named in pursuit to preserve a cultural and historical heritage, is roughly 200 acres and situated in the middle of Thompson’s Station. The majority of the parkland is maintained in a land trust with the State of Tennessee to ensure its protection. Not only did the Town wish to pursue this preservation of our heritage, but also intended to implement the vision of providing a regional greenway that will provide healthy opportunities for the community to engage with nature. Preservation Park is predominantly in a natural state and offers some of the best natural beauty in the region, with trails that provide magnificent views.
Preservation Park is an opportunity for the residents to engage with nature. The greenway developed throughout the park provides the backbone for an entire trail system that will link parklands with residents and more. As the Town works to develop the full master plan for the park, additional resources will be provided to educate the public and provide an amenity that is accessible to all, leaving a lasting legacy protecting our natural, cultural and historical resources.
1513 Thompson's Station Rd West
Thompson's Station, TN 37179
Starting at Town Hall, go west on Thompson's Station Road. Cross over the train tracks and continue for 350 yards. The park entrance will be on your right.
Preservation Park Drone Video
- Miles of Hiking Trails (connecting up to Nutro Dog Park)
- Battlefield Trail Markers
- Hilltop Overlook
- Playing Fields
- Large Pavilion (available for rent)
Note: Horses are not allowed. Please be aware that the Park could contain wild animals. Hike at your own risk.
The Battlefield Trail markers were developed and sponsored through a partnership with the Tennessee Civil War National Heritage Area.
Map of Preservation Park
Caution to Park Visitors
The Tennessee Equine Hospital boards horses in the back, fenced areas of the park. When horses are scared, they can seriously harm people and their pets. For your safety, do not feed, pet, or harass any horse on the property.
Important Park Information
Town Park Rules and Procedures
- Hours of use are Dawn to Dusk.
- All dogs shall be leashed, except within the fenced areas at Nutro Dog Park.
- Adult supervision is required for all minor children.
- The following are strictly prohibited: The consumption, possession, or usage of alcohol; Smoking, including vaping; The use of personal fireworks and/or sparklers; Weapons; Glass containers; Harvesting firewood and/or cutting/removal of any trees; Fires, except for the grills provided; Littering and/or dumping; Signs/bills, including political signs; Hunting; Removal of cultural/historic artifacts; Unauthorized motorized vehicles, including drones; Camping/Overnight Parking; Commercial/For-profit activities; External equipment (bouncy house, tents, trailers, port-a-potties, etc.)
- Any event over thirty (35) people or as deemed by Town Staff shall require the approval of an Event Permit from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Lost and Found
The Town of Thompson's Station is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be sure to lock vehicles and safely store personal items. No personal items will be stored by Town staff for any reason. Lost and Found items can be collected at Town Hall during regular business hours. For questions regarding lost items, please contact email@example.com or directly at (615) 794-4333 ext. 12.
All Town Parks are patrolled by the Williamson County Sheriff's Department (615-790-5550).