Sarah Benson Park
Sarah Benson Park was formerly known as Thompson's Station Park and is a wonderful destination for families looking to enjoy nature in a clean, well maintained park.
Sarah Benson Park, formerly known as Thompson's Station Park, was re-named in 2017 to honor the late Alderwoman Sarah Benson. She served on the Board of Mayor and Aldermen for 25 years and had a strong desire to protect natural resources for future generations to enjoy. Sarah Benson teamed with Town’s community association to acquire the 27 acre site for the benefit of the community prior to the incorporation of the Town. The park lies in the heart of town center, across the street from the renowned Tennessee Equine Hospital.
In recent years, Mars PetCare in conjunction with the Town, developed a dog sensory garden to engage our four legged friends. Each year this park hosts events that bring the community together in celebration of the seasons and is a landmark to the community.
1513 Thompson's Station Rd West
Going south on Columbia Pike, at the intersection of Thompsons Station Road and Columbia Pike, take a right onto Thompsons Station Road West, just past the Exxon Gas Station. 350 yards on the left is the entrance to the park.
Sarah Benson Park Drone Video
Map of Sarah Benson Park
- Miles of jogging paths
- Workout equipment
- Alexander Trail connecting to Heritage Park
- Playing fields
- Two Pavilions and a Stage (available for rent)
- Mars Dog Sensory Garden
- Restrooms/Water Fountains
Note: Bikes are only permitted on Alexander Trail (part of Heritage Park).
- Hours of use are Dawn to Dusk.
- All dogs shall be leashed, except within the fenced areas at Nutro Dog Park.
- Adult supervision is required for all minor children.
- The following are strictly prohibited: The consumption, possession, or usage of alcohol; Smoking, including vaping; The use of personal fireworks and/or sparklers; Weapons; Glass containers; Harvesting firewood and/or cutting/removal of any trees; Fires, except for the grills provided; Littering and/or dumping; Signs/bills, including political signs; Hunting; Removal of cultural/historic artifacts; Unauthorized motorized vehicles, including drones; Camping/Overnight Parking; Commercial/For-profit activities; External equipment (bouncy house, tents, trailers, port-a-potties, etc.)
- Any event over thirty (35) people or as deemed by Town Staff shall require the approval of an Event Permit from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Lost and Found
The Town of Thompson's Station is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be sure to lock vehicles and safely store personal items. No personal items will be stored by Town staff for any reason. Lost and Found items can be collected at Town Hall during regular business hours. For questions regarding lost items, please contact email@example.com or directly at (615) 794-4333 ext. 12.
All Town Parks are patrolled by the Williamson County Sheriff's Department (615-790-5550).