Rental fee is $50.00 and deposit is $100.00. The deposit is refundable if the reserved area is left in a clean and orderly condition (see full list of clean-up instructions on the rental form).
The Online Form is a request for a reservation only and must be confirmed by Town Staff. The reserving parties must bring in the $150.00 payment in the form of Check or Cash no later than one week before the date of the reservation to secure the reservation.
1. Hours of use are Dawn to Dusk, unless approved by the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board through an Event Permit or by the BOMA through a Special Event Permit.
2. All dogs shall be leashed, except within the fenced areas at Nutro Dog Park. Dogs shall always be under the control of their owner/caretaker. All dog waste shall be cleaned up by the owner/caretaker.
3. Adult supervision is required for all minor children.
4. The following are strictly prohibited:
a. The consumption, possession, or usage of alcohol; b. Smoking, including vaping; c. The use of personal fireworks and/or sparklers; d. Weapons; e. Glass containers; f. Harvesting firewood and/or cutting/removal of any trees; g. Fires, except for the grills provided in Sarah Benson Park; h. Littering and/or dumping; i. Signs/bills, including political signs; j. Hunting; k. Removal of cultural/historic artifacts. This includes a prohibition of metal detecting, unless associated with a Town approved archeological/historic investigation; an approved educational program/class; a state sponsored archeological/historical; or request by law enforcement.; l. Unauthorized motorized vehicles, including drones; m. Camping/Overnight Parking; n. Commercial/For-profit activities, unless approve by the Parks Board in advance; o. External equipment (bouncy house, tents, trailers, port-a-potties, etc.) unless approved as part of an Event or Special Permit.
5. Any event over thirty (35) people or as deemed by Town Staff shall require the approval of an Event Permit from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. Event organizers are solely responsible for all activities associated with their event, including clean up. Special Events may also be authorized by the BOMA.
In addition to the General Rules & Procedures, the following park-specific rules & procedures apply: Preservation Park Specific Rules: PP1. Hiking is at the user’s sole risk. Preservation Park, as a nature reserve, may contain an array of wildlife, including: deer, coyotes, snakes, skunks, rabbits, and other wild animals, as well as natural obstacles. PP2. Horses are prohibited. PP3. Trailers/Horse trailers are prohibited. PP4. Access to the Community Garden shall be limited to those who have reserved and paid for a plot. During the growing season, the Community Garden shall be closed to the general public.
SBP1. Bikes are only permitted on Alexander Trail (part of Heritage Park, connected to Sarah Benson Park).
SBP2. Pavilion/Stage rentals for groups under thirty-five (35) people shall require staff approval of the rental application. Rentals for groups of over thirty-five (35) or as deemed by Staff people require an Event Permit from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.